Articles » Domain & Hosting
Rules for choosing a Domain name
Views: 9241 05 September 2008
Finding a proper domain name is very important for a company, if the buying public wants to visit not only the store but the company website as well.
Webart presents all that you need to keep in mind while searching for a domain name.
The basic rules that will help you choose a domain name are:
- The domain name can only consist of alpha-numeric characters abc...xyz, αβγ...χψω, 0...9 and symbols "-"
- The domain name's lenght:
- with extension .GR, .EU should be up to 63 Latin or Greek characters
- with extension .COM, .NET and .ORG, allowed up to 26 Latin characters.
- This name can not begin or end in "-".
- Spaces, "_" and "/" characters are not allowed.
- If you select domain with Greek characters, prefer the word with accents rather without accents!